Sunday 5 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0

Don't you just love readathons? I LOVE 'em. It's that time of year where you just push yourself to read those books which have been sitting or standing (?) on your shelves forever. I am going to be working this week but I still hope to get quite a bit of reading done nonetheless.

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

The Goals

Here is a list of the books I will be trying to read. I am not planning on reading massive books because that would probably be a bad idea. I do feel like if I read about 150-200 pages a day though, it would be quite a good week. I added like two extra ones I would like to read if by some miracle I manage to finish the first ones. Two of these I have already started.



 

 



Progress

Monday
Read from: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Amount of pages read: 205 pages
Books finished: 0

Tuesday
Read from: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan and Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Amount of pages read: 250 pages
Books finished: 2

Wednesday
Read from: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Amount of pages read: 70 pages
Books finished: 0
Note: So that was a complete fail but in my defense I woke up at 6.15 and I did not return home till 7.30. Then I had to eat, shower and prepare some things for work. By the time I got some free time it was 9.30 so I read till 10.30 and went to sleep because I was super tired.

Thursday
Read from: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Amount of pages read: 240 pages
Books finished: 1

Friday
Read from: Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi and Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Amount of pages read: 225 pages
Books finished: 1

Saturday
Read from: Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Amount of pages read: 166 pages
Books finished: 1
Note: I am so conflicted. I wanna stick to my TBR but I am kind of, sort of am hating Blood Promise but I need to finish it cause it's been on my currently-reading shelf FOREVER. But I wanna re-read Shatter Me and Unravel Me in preparation for Ignite Me so bad. Like you don't even know. I've been looking at them longingly and sighing (actually sighing, it's comical really) whenever I pass by my bookshelves like any girl would look longingly at Ryan Gosling. So yeah. It's bad. Ah, decisions, decisions.

Sunday
Read from: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Amount of pages read: 160 pages
Books finished: 0

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals! 6 books is a lot, wish I could read that many!
    Angie
    Bout of Books Goals & Updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You too. Two of them are really short novellas though. I don't know if I'll manage tor read all of them but I'm really hoping I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you've got a great selection of books here! Clockwork Princess, Under the Never Sky & Blood Promise are all amazing! Love Letters to the Dead looks really good too!
    Good luck, and I hope you managed to read all 6 of these books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha. :D I am actually looking forward to all of them but Blood Promise. Everyone seems to love this series but I haven't really connected with the characters so far. I am reading them though cause I bought the whole series so I'm just pushing myself. Hopefully I end up loving it in the end. I'll post a review of Love Letters to the Dead when I'm done. It's written in letter form and it looks so quirky which is my kind of read :)

      Good luck with your progress. I watched your video earlier and I'm excited to see what you think of The Uninvited. It looks so good!

      Delete
  4. I was going to try the Clockwork books, but they're pretty darn big! :) You have a great list of books to choose from! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with yours as well. Reading the entire trilogy in a whole week would be a big challenge indeed. I wouldn't recommend it either. I just finished Clockwork Princess today and it was perfect so I really suggest you take your time with the series and just make the awesomeness last :)

      Delete
  5. Interested to see what you think of Love Letters to the Dead. Good luck with the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it so far. I'm like halfway through. It reminds me a lot of The Perks of Being a Wallflower but I love that book so I'm not bothered by the similarities. Good luck with your goals as well :)

      Delete